Today is the first anniversary of my diagnosis (see MS History – part two).
Health professional bodycount so far.
Starting with the first GP visit last year, the bodycount is as follows
- GPs 4
- Practice Nurses 2
- MS nurse 1
- Ward nurse 1
- Occupational Health nurse 1
- Phlebotomists 6 (estimate)
- Physiotherapists 1
- Neurologists 5
- Neuro-psychologists 2
- Radiologists 4
If you consider the medication as well, I have probably cost the NHS more money over the last year than some of it’s employees.
- mild optic neuritis (since Jan ’09)
- doublevision / nystagmus / intra-nuclear opthalmoplegia / oscillopsia
- tingling / pins and needles
- neuropathic pain in legs
Symtoms that have cleared up for now:
- L’Hermitte’s sign
- muscle weakness
- involuntary muscle movement
Of the current symptoms, the fatigue and optic neuritis aren’t quite as acute as they were at first onset, so I feel much better, relatively, than I did last year. I think it is important to stress that I still have bad days, though (I nearly fell asleep in a meeting yesterday). Things are also helped by friendlier medication.